Sunday, March 31, 2019

The love of living the day

The love of living the day as fully as possible is a daily pursuit for me. Waking up in the morning to do my practice of writing, reflection, and meditation is an expression of love - for myself. It is my form of self-care. I am blessed with a profound freedom of choosing how to live today. That act is easier to realize when the stressors and anxiety are low; by pursuing the practice of the practice, I am strengthening my muscles for the inevitable future of struggle and pain. The practice is in the present but the rewards are realized now and later. I am grateful for the time and space to explore these ways of living. Gratitude is both an internal and external expression of love, too. I am grateful for the ability to start my day off with a mindful presence.


Art by Melissa Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment