Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Love & Loneliness

There's a loneliness that can creep up on me when I least expect it.  I live alone in a city that is new to me, so there's no wonder it sneaks up on me.  It feels bigger than life sometimes when I am ill or when I feel afraid.

I admit, it is difficult to see the love in those kinds of moments.  But love - like the moon and the sun - is always present even if you can't see it.  My daughter is several hundred miles away but I can feel her love because it is ever-present and part of me.

I suppose self-love is also about welcoming the 'scaries' in some capacity because that kind of stuff lingers as much as joy can fill the air.  It is all about the ebb and flow of grieving and of celebration. It is the human experience.

It is comforting to constantly reminding myself that this, too, shall pass...whatever 'this' is in the moment....and also know that love is my rock-solid foundation and will help keep my face in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment