Wednesday, August 1, 2018

The Big Adventure (TBA) - Day One

Liam and I left Portland at the crack of 9 o'clock today. I received several text messages from a few of my lovely friends (that meant so much to me - thank you!). I said my final goodbye to my home and headed to the Village Inn (Mall 205) for a hearty breakfast before hitting the road.  Jenny was our server and I gotta say, that gal provided the best customer service I have experienced in years!  Not only was she friendly and attentive, she gave each of us TWO slices of free pie. I knew we were off to a good start.


Our plan was to make it to Meridian, ID (just outside of Boise) for our first night's stay.  It was a 6 1/2 hour drive that ran about 7 1/2 with a few breaks along the way. One of those stops was in Rufus, OR that just survived one heck of a fire (I believe it was arson) and driving on I-84 with the Columbia River guiding us along was a treat of colors of beige, brown, green and dark blue.  The sky was a thick haze for much of the journey and we could only see the outlines of the majestic Wallowa Mountains.  Although we missed a peek at those peaks, we did see some fantastic rock formations along the way, as well as, a bizarre structure that turned out to be a cement factory.

 

So, here we are near Boise.  It is surreal that this journey has actually started and I am looking forward to seeing Yellowstone Park in a couple of days.  I never had the chance to see it during any of the other cross country drives I have made over the years.

Thanks again for all of your loving support. The loving words of encouragement of my friends make my heart fill with such joy but I know I am going to miss all of you dearly. In the meantime, I will take each moment of this fantastical trip fully and mindfully.  I hope you will join me on this virtual drive across the United States.

#PDX2PVD  #RoadTrip2018




10 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful journey! I look forward to your blog posts. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and adding a comment, Pat. I am so excited about doing this trek and having my pal, Liam, along adds to the experience. I hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  2. I'm in for the Long Haul of your journey... I'll try not to back seat Drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Marliese, I kind of like the idea of you backseat driving every so often. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I look forward to reading about the whole adventure across the country. I'm a little jealous. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Unknown, I mean Susan. :-) Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you were given a 2-pie slice send off! You deserve it xoxo I love your blog, your photos, and you. With every mile you go forward, your west coast history falls in its place, behind you. Safe travels, enjoy, and know that we're all with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great start!! Its weird to think ur still not next door anymore 😞... but so happy for u to be on this amazing adventure!! 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know how to add my name but this is linh in case u were wondering which neighbor 😉

      Delete