Friday, August 3, 2018

TBA: Day Three

We not only survived staying at a sub-par hotel last night, we were greeted with a spectacular sunrise this morning. I just knew it was a sign of even more good things to come.


OMG: Yellowstone.  It was like driving through a living painting! 

Liam and I arrived at Yellowstone Park today and the visit has been spectacular. Of course, we visited Old Faithful and all of the other geysers that we stopped by were amazing.  I kept gasping and exclaiming to Liam, 'Oh my! Look at THAT ... view/mountain/geyser'.  We are blessed to have such a place to visit.
 



 

We did get stuck in some construction on our way out of the park but heck, nothing beats being stuck in a traffic jam ... in Yellowstone Park, right?  We are staying in Gardiner, MT at a nice hotel with a very helpful innkeeper.  I shared I was seeking a top-notch Cosmopolitan and delicious burger.  He sent us to Iron Horse Bar & Grill that sits on the Yellowstone River.  We were not disappointed.  I enjoyed the STRONGEST cosmo, ever (I admit it - I was a little tipsy) and a bison burger that was out of this world.  I also chatted with a few of the other diners.  What a friendly place.
 

We did have a tiny thunderstorm that lingered but I made it back to the hotel just in the nick of time.  I waited for Liam to catch up (he stopped at the local grocery store to pick up some ice cream) and in the meantime, I chatted with a few bikers who were checking into the hotel, too.

All in all, a good day!



2 comments:

  1. U and ur cosmos! numm 👍👍 Wow great pics of the park!! So much fun and only a few days in 😊 so much more to come!! How exciting!
    Linh

    ReplyDelete