Saturday, August 4, 2018

TBA: Day Four

Liam and I made it to Cody, WY after a marvelous drive through yet another part of Yellowstone Park. We grabbed a bite to eat at a place in Pahaska Tepee, home of Buffalo Bill's historic lodge.

The drive from the exit of the park to Cody was breathtaking.  Our photos couldn't capture the full beauty of what we witnessed, but we did try to do our best to do so...


We arrived at yet another Comfort Inn and this is a nice one with excellent customer service.  We walked around downtown Cody that was filled with a lot of Harley Davidson riders (later we learned that the annual Sturgis gathering is underway, which isn't too far from here).  We first popped into the historic Irma Hotel/Bar for a drinky poo (and spotted some real cowboys in there).  We enjoyed a small pizza at one of the three brewpubs in town before heading back to our comfy hotel room.

I shared a text message exchange with my new landlords, Marilyn & Mike, who are preparing my new apartment for my arrival in ten day's time.  I feel like I am floating in between real life and not quite sure what the heck is going on.  I really, really miss my kid who I haven't seen since early June.  I was writing this morning and got to thinking about Pardee Street.  I won't be returning there and I cried a little bit this morning.  It is all part of the process of letting go and stepping into something new.  It is exciting but it is also a little sad. 

This gypsy life of driving from one hotel to the next has its interesting points but I do miss the comfort of a home. I am so grateful for Liam's tolerance of my chronic need to be in control and we only snapped at each other about four times so far.  He's my best bud and he tolerates my Dennise-ness and I am so very thankful that he is one of the few who can do that and still like me.  

Tomorrow we are off to Gillette, WY.  It will be all about driving.  I have to say, Wyoming is more stunning than I expected and if you can ever get here for a visit, I highly recommend it.  It used to be known as 'no place on earth' and I have to agree. I've never experienced anything like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment