Monday, August 5, 2019

Where's My Spin?

A reflection on release and abundance is where I am at today. Those seem, or feel, totally not connected, but I do get it. This is a new way of looking at the start of a new experience and it occurs to me, this is kind of a start of a new year for myself. They say, you always need to prime a well to start the pump. So, I am going to focus on an inflow of positive energy to prime my personal pump. I've decided that when I hear the murmurs of fear, I will talk to it with loving-kindness. They say that works! 

As I reflect on this time of change, one thing it provides is an opportunity to explore. That is my word for the year, you know. I will be a willow tree in these new winds of change - flexible and graceful.

Now, releasing the ways that are familiar to me is very scary and quite uncomfortable. You know what I am talking about, right? Regardless of how useful it may or may not be, not holding onto a bad habit is a true test of strength of your spirit. How can I be a true blue explorer and not be stopped in my tracks due to fear?

I think about how magnificent it would be to live in Paris, but then I think about it and know it would be lonely, namely, because of the language barrier and cultural differences. I think about this as a reminder that nothing is absolute perfection, but the joy that is aligned with exploration is a fine reason to take a few leaps of faith here and there. Nothing is guaranteed on this journey called life, so why not take some chances.

I'm trying to release a long-lived learned habit of assuming the absolute worst is bound to happen (someone called it catastrophizing) and it's an interesting way to live. Not. I suppose the reasoning is, it likely couldn't be that bad, but if it is, I'm prepared and not disappointed with the outcome. Isn't that crazy?  Instead, what if I spent the next few weeks imagining the best possible outcome and relearning to live with a saturation of optimism? What if I use my brain and my heart to imagine the best of outcomes and if the actual outcome is different, then I will embrace it with love, acceptance, and understanding before releasing it. I encourage you to also give it a go and let me know your tricks to letting go and letting in, okay?

I know this reads a whole lot of woo-woo, but when you think of healthy options to transition, it kinda sounds good, doesn’t it? Or, I could just try a Wonder Woman spin.


via Gfycat

No comments:

Post a Comment