Friday, March 29, 2019

Love is the company you keep

Love is in the company we keep.  When I spend just ten seconds thinking about all the loving connections that I am blessed with, I experience about 100 years worth of saturated love-ness in each of those seconds.

I don't know exactly how I got to this place of welcoming love as an essential need and want - it is as essential as food, water, and air.  Perhaps although I navigated a bumpy childhood littered with trauma, there were loving helpers who kept me safe.  People like my paternal grandparents.

Later, the lessons were many as I learned through a chose family of friends and then the ultimate experience: motherhood.  I learned that all of us worthy of love. 

It has been a painful and a joyful journey that is far from over. And, I still find myself learning how to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment