Wednesday, September 26, 2018

I Got Stuck In The Rain

I resumed my daily morning walk when I arrived in Providence.  It has been a practice I have loved to do each day but allowed distractions like heatwaves prevent me from pursuing it.

Here in Providence, there is a nearby park that sits in front of The Armory, a castle-like structure in my neighborhood that I love to look it, especially when the sun is setting.

My intention is to walk around it at least three times which I think might get me to about two miles each day.  I haven't confirmed that distance but it is the one I'm going with at this point.  On my walks, I see the same people each morning.  We wave and smile when we pass each other on our morning walks at the park.

We've been experiencing some delightful rainy weather over the past 24+ hours. Today, I chose to go on my walk without my umbrella.  I decided to risk the chance of rain.  Well, it rained and it rained a lot.

There were only a few people walking about and they remembered their umbrellas (except for the jogging mom but that wasn't a surprise because she clearly is fearless running around the park while pushing the baby in the stroller).  Since I didn't bring my umbrella, I stood under a tree hoping the downpour would pass.

Not the case, I'm afraid, so I did the only thing I could do: walked in the rain.  I gotta say, it was delightful.  I got thinking, when was the last time I strolled in a downpour?  I could not recall such an experience, even living in Puddletown, USA.

Just as I turned the corner of my street, the sun came out.  The sky filled with blue and white brilliance.  Go figure. As the old Nordic saying goes, "Clouds move."  They sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment